Campus Recreation and Intramurals (CRI) offers adaptive services for patrons with special needs and for those recovering from injury.
Fitness: Adaptive Resistance Training
Magnum Adaptive Weight Machine
- Vertical Chest Press/ Lat Row
- Lat Pull down/ Bicep Curl
- Pectoral Deck
- Adjustable Pulley
This machine is positioned in the fitness center in a way to reduce traffic flow around the unit, yet will allow plenty of space to maneuver for wheelchair users.
In addition to this specific adaptive machine, other equipment located in the fitness center can be modified to serve the need of the patron. Patrons are encouraged to transfer to the machine or provided chair. Belts are also available upon request.
Non Transfer to Adaptive Machine
Transfer to Adaptive Machine
Fitness: Adaptive Cardio Equipment
PRO2 Total Body Ergometer
This adaptable rehabilitation tool includes an upper body exerciser and lower body reclining bike for a total body solution.
- Standard, adjustable and bariatric seat options
- Easy access with removable seat for wheelchair accessibility
- Therapist assist pedal on adjustable seat
- Bi-directional exercise
- Iso-Strength safe, accommodating strength program
- Very low starting resistance
RST7000 – Recumbent Stepper
User-defined stride length makes this machine ideal for therapy and wellness
- Easy access
- Comfortable, sturdy orthopedic footbeds with safety edge and optional foot strap
- Dual position handles allow user to change muscle groups during exercise
- Optional range limiters
- Optional swivel seat with therapist assist pedal
- Optional bariatric seat for up to 600 pounds
Additional Fitness Adaptation Demonstrations
Various machines and equipment can be used in adaptive ways. Belts are available upon request.
Personal trainers are available to patrons who have various levels of ability.
Injury Prevention and Care (Athletic Training)
All rehabilitation equipment can be utilized for any patron. Ask an Athletic Trainer for assistance.
Intramural Sports has a Wheelchair Basketball league available to disabled and able-bodied participants on Thursday evenings for a five-week season during the spring semester.
Both the high and low challenge course offers activities for people with various abilities. Each course is customized depending on the participants and their set goals.
A Portable Aquatic Lift is available as an alternative entrance and exit from the Indoor and Outdoor pools. The Lift can be moved to any part of the pool for easy entrance and exit for patrons. All Aquatic staff members are trained and are able to assist patrons with the lift.
Last updated: 7/18/2013