Georgia Southern University’s Armstrong campus is proud to invite you to join us at our Student Recreation Center. While academics are an important aspect of your years here at GSU, we believe that maintaining a balanced, healthy life is equally as vital. We provide all the means by which to stay fit and have fun! Learn all about our incredible Student Recreation Center. Come on over and check it out!
Department of Recreation and Wellness seeks to enhance students’ fitness and wellness, knowledge, personal skills and enjoyment by providing:
- Opportunities for a variety of activities that may contribute to individual physical and mental fitness and wellness.
- Opportunities for cooperative and competitive play activity.
- A medium through which students can learn and practice leadership, management, program planning and intrapersonal skills.
- Access to quality facilities, equipment and programs.
Georgia Southern’s Recreation and Wellness offerings include Intramural Sports, Fitness and Wellness Programs, Armstrong Adventures and Club Sports. The Student Recreation Center (SRC) is a 38,000 square foot facility that includes:
- 3,200-square-foot multipurpose room for fitness classes and special events.
- 2 Athletic courts for basketball, volleyball and indoor soccer, as well as a cross-conditioning space.
- 6,000-square-foot fitness center, which includes:
- 10 Woodway Treadmills
- 8 Elliptical Machines
- 4 Stationary Bikes
- 4 Recumbent Bikes
- 2 Adaptive Motion Trainers
- 2 Cybex ARC Trainers
- 2 Rowing Machines
- 2 Spinning Bikes
- Heavy lifting power rack
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Cybex Selectorized Weight Machines
- A full complement of free weights, dumbbells, and benches.
- Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms with shower and changing facilities.
- Personal Training Space
- Equipment Checkout
- Staff Offices
Student Learning Outcomes Statement
It is a vital goal in our department to provide all of the means necessary for the Armstrong student body to understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle. We strive to make the best learning environment possible so students will not only gain immediate knowledge, but also take away a long-term appreciation for fitness and wellness.
Last updated: 6/12/2018