Who Are We?
Wellness Ambassadors will encourage and promote the seven dimensions of wellness at Georgia Southern University, enhance student, faculty, and staff involvement in University Wellness Program (UWP) activities and programs, and facilitate an active relationship between the Georgia Southern University community and the University Wellness Program.
What does a Wellness Ambassador do?
- Take the lead role in the marketing and developments that advocate the Wellness Program
- Serve on committees for the LiveWell Fair, Wellness Week programming, LivinGreen Month (fall and spring), the LivingWell Newsletter, and other UWP programs
- Assist in the planning and implementation of UWP events, activities, and programs
- Be advocates for wellness programming and both University and community support
- Identify Wellness issues and potential solutions
- Be a catalyst for UWP ideas and marketing
- Actively participate and recruit others for wellness activities and programs
- Meet with Wellness Advisory Board members for corresponding wellness dimensions
Benefits of becoming a Wellness Ambassador
- Develop peer, professional, and cross-campus relationships
- Develop skills for effective collaboration, communication, and compromise
- Provide service to the Georgia Southern community
- Develop programming and marketing skills and strategies
- Plan and facilitate events
- Be part of a diverse group of motivated people
- Have a direct impact on the campus community and its overall wellness
- A Wellness Ambassador t-shirt
- Opportunities to interact with and learn from skilled and knowledgeable identities from the local, state, national and international community
Last updated: 8/15/2016