Georgia Southern University’s Armstrong campus is proud to invite you to join us at our Armstrong Recreation Center. While academics are an important aspect of your years here at Georgias Southern, we believe that maintaining a balanced, healthy life is equally as vital. We provide all the means by which to stay fit and have fun! Learn all about our incredible Armstrong Recreation Center. Come on over and check it out!
Georgia Southern’s Campus Recreation and Intramurals offerings include Intramural Sports, Fitness and Wellness Programs, Southern Adventures and Club Sports. The Armstrong Recreation Center (ARC) includes:
- Multipurpose room for fitness classes and special events.
- Athletic courts for basketball, volleyball and indoor soccer, as well as a cross-conditioning space.
- Fitness center, which includes:
- 10 Woodway Treadmills
- 8 Elliptical Machines
- 4 Stationary Bikes
- 4 Recumbent Bikes
- 2 Adaptive Motion Trainers
- 2 Cybex ARC Trainers
- 2 Rowing Machines
- 2 Spinning Bikes
- Heavy lifting power rack
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Cybex Selectorized Weight Machines
- A full complement of free weights, dumbbells, and benches.
- Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms with shower and changing facilities.
- Personal Training Space
- Equipment Checkout
- Staff Offices
Student Learning Outcomes Statement
It is a vital goal in our department to provide all of the means necessary for the Armstrong student body to understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle. We strive to make the best learning environment possible so students will not only gain immediate knowledge but also take away a long-term appreciation for fitness and wellness.
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Phone: (912) 344-3136
Fax: (912) 344-3477
Last updated: 4/25/2022