Start a Club
The first step to establishing a new Club Sport at Georgia Southern University is to become a university recognized student organization. All potential student organizations must follow the steps established by the Office of Student Activities. Including:
- Have at least four (4) chartering members. Each member must be currently enrolled at Georgia Southern University. Note: One of the four students must be designated as the initial Registered Agent. The Registered Agent is the legal contact and spokesperson for the group. Each chartering member must possess a minimal 2.0 cumulative GPA. (OSA staff reserves the right to check the officer’s academic standing).
- Secure an organizational Advisor. The advisor must be a full-time faculty/staff member at Georgia Southern University and have been employed with the university for at least 6 months.
- Draft a Constitution/Bylaws that will govern your organization. A sample constitution can be found here.
- Have two (2) chartering members complete the New Student Organization Chartering Workshop. Note: One of these officers must be the registered agent (president). The schedule for these workshops can be found below.
- After completion of the New Student Organization Chartering Workshop, one of the organization’s chartering members must submit an official, new organization registration form (with a formal Constitution) via MyInvolvement.
Once an organization has gained recognition by the university, they may apply to become a Club Sport. Any recognized student organization wishing to join the Club Sports Program must submit a formal written proposal by March to be considered for membership.
Contact Ryan Wingers at 912-478-5436 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 10/1/2020