Assistantships at Campus Recreation & Intramurals (CRI) involve a minimum of 20 hours of service a week to CRI programs during the academic year in addition to enrollment in a graduate academic program at Georgia Southern University. Graduate assistants begin work prior to the start of the academic semester and continues through the academic year. All assistantship positions involve responsibilities and leadership in multiple areas within their respective program area as well as CRI as a whole. Some evening and weekend hours are required. Assistantships are awarded annually and may be renewed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field
- Current GRE, GMAT or appropriate test scores
- Formal acceptance into graduate program (you may apply prior to admission, however, offers are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate academic program at Georgia Southern.)
- In addition to a full tuition waiver for a maximum of nine credit hours per semester, a stipend amount dependent on campus location will be provided.
- Professional development opportunities including travel.
- Summer employment opportunities are available in addition to the graduate assistantship stipend.
- Apply for admission to the College of Graduate Studies at Georgia Southern University.
- Apply for a CRI Assistantship. Complete listings of available assistantships are listed on bluefishjobs.com.
- Applications include a cover letter and resume, as well as three references.
- You must also submit an application for an assistantship through the College of Graduate Studies.
All of CRI’s assistantship positions are open until filled. You do not need to be formally accepted to Georgia Southern to apply but all offers are contingent upon acceptance.
Full Job Descriptions
Jack N. Averitt College of Graduate Studies Links
- College of Graduate Studies website
- Academic programs
- Apply for Admission
- Graduate Assistant Application
- Important Dates
Last updated: 10/19/2021