CRI TRI (Sprint Triathlon)
*Registration Deadline: TBD
*Participants will be given an exact time based on their heat closer to the event and MUST arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to their start time
Recreation Activity Center (RAC)
2687 Akins Blvd, Statesboro, GA 30458
Event open to GS Students, Faculty/Staff and guests
|REGISTRATION DATE||STUDENTS / FACULTY / STAFF / MEMBERS||GUESTS / NON-MEMBERS|
|Swim: 500m||Swim: 250m|
|Bike: 8 mile||Bike: 4 mile|
|Run: 2 mile||Run 1 mile|
Both divisions will contain a swim, bike and run, in that order. The distances for each will be different between each division (see below).
- Swim: Swim will take place in the Recreation Activity Center Aquatics Center. Each participant will be assigned a single lane in which they will complete the entire swim. After the swim is completed, verified by the event volunteer, the participant will exit the aquatic center to start the bike section.
- Bike: This event will utilize the Schwinn spin bike at the RAC Band Shell outside. Cycling shoes will not be provided nor needed to participate. Once the ride has been completed and verified, participants will begin their run.
- Run: Participants will run a defined distance dependent upon their division. Maps coming soon!
- Transitional area: The outdoor pool area will be a designated area for participants to transition from to bike/run. Participants will also be allowed to keep shoes or nourishment by their designated bike.
Participants may voluntarily withdraw themselves from an event or the whole competition. Refunds will not be given in any circumstances
- Athletic bottoms are required and shirt use is up to the discretion of the participant. However if a shirt is to be worn, it must be tight fitting and snug to prevent risk of injury.
- Profanity on attire is absolutely prohibited.
- Closed toed shoes are mandatory.
- Any type of dangling, loose or wrist jewelry is prohibited during competition. This includes watches, bracelets, earrings, rings, necklaces and any other type of jewelry not mentioned.
- Goggles will not be provided.
- Spin shoes are not required.
- Bathing suits are encouraged but not required.
Due to the nature of the event and its location, please brings:
- Water bottle or some type of fluid replacement.
- Water coolers/cups will be provided for participants only.
- Sun protection.
- Personal towel if needed. CRI towels will not be allowed or given out.
- Alternate footwear needed depending on the event.
- Snacks or food. Some food items will be provided for participants only.
Last updated: 3/23/2022