About the Course
The Georgia Southern University Golf Course at University Park is an 18 hole championship course opened in October 2013. The 167 acre tract of land is located six miles south of Georgia Southern’s main campus in a residential area of Bulloch County. The course is 6,900 yards from the championship tees and includes a total of five sets of tees at each hole to accommodate a variety of player skill levels.
The course was constructed to expand recreational opportunities for the growing Georgia Southern student body through funds from student recreation fees. The golf course will be open to the general public at a daily rate or through an annual pass.
The construction of the golf course included the renovation of the 8,000 square foot clubhouse, an addition of a 10,000 square foot maintenance and golf cart storage facility, and a complete practice facility. The clubhouse will house a multi-purpose/meeting room, a café, golf shop, and administrative offices. The practice facility includes a 30 station practice range, chipping green, and a 10,000 square foot practice putting green.
In addition to daily golf, the Director of Golf, Marten Olsson will offer programming for all skill levels of golfers, provide tournament administration for groups, and teach private and group golf lessons.
Georgia Southern University Golf Course Facts:
- Total Length: 6,900 yards
- Par: 72
- Greens Grass: TifEagle
- Tee & Fairway Grass: Tifway 419
Final course layouts with photos and video flyovers will be available soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to play at the Georgia Southern University Golf Course?
- The Georgia Southern University Golf Course is a public golf course. It is open to students, faculty, staff, and the general public. Green fees vary depending on which group you belong. Please visit the green fees page for more details.
Is alcohol permitted at the Georgia Southern Golf Course?
- No. The Georgia Southern University Golf Course is part of campus so all policies apply. No coolers or alcohol may be brought onto University property.
Does the Georgia Southern Golf Course have a dress code?
- Yes, all players must wear proper golf attire while on the premises including golf shirts and blouses, golf pants, shorts or skirts. Golf Shoes or Athletic Shoes must be worn at all times.
How far in advance can a tee time be made?
- Online tee times may be made one week in advance. Visit the online tee time page for additional details and to make your reservation.
Does the Georgia Southern University Golf Course hold private outings and events?
- Yes, please call 912-GSU-GOLF to discuss your event with our Director of Golf.
Where is the Georgia Southern University Golf Course located?
- The Georgia Southern Golf Course is located at 1031 Golf Club Road Statesboro, GA 30458.
Does the Georgia Southern Golf Course have a twilight fee?
- Yes, visit the green fees page for a listing of all fees.
Does the Georgia Southern Golf Course rent clubs for play?
- Yes, clubs are available for rent. Please see the staff in the Golf Shop or call 912-GSU-GOLF.
Course Policies & Procedures
- Each player must have his own set of clubs. Up to 4 players per group is allowed.
- All Food and Beverages must be purchased from the clubhouse. No coolers or alcohol may be brought onto University property.
- All players must wear proper golf attire while on the premises. Golf shirts and blouses, golf pants, shorts or skirts. Golf Shoes or Athletic Shoes must be worn at all times.
- All players must check in before playing. No play off # 10 unless approved by the Golf Shop.
- Golfers assume all risks and dangers incidental to the game of golf and are responsible for damages to carts and property.
- In the event of life threatening emergency, please call 911 then the clubhouse at (912) 478-4653.
- In case of lightning in the area, all play shall cease!
- Tee time reservations may be made up to seven (7) days in advance online or by calling the Golf Shop during business hours at 912-GSU-GOLF.
- Walking is allowed Monday-Friday and after 12:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
Caring for the Course
- Please help us maintain Our Golf Course the way you found it. Repair all divots as you play.
- Pace of play 4 hours and keep up with the group in front.
- Keep golf carts on path around the tees and greens and all par 3’s and outside 50yards of greens on par 4’s and 5’s.
Rules of Play
- USGA rules govern all play except where modified by Local Rules
- Out of Bounds marked by White Stakes, Roads & Property Lines
- Water Hazards are marked by Yellow or Red Stakes
- Drop areas will be marked in white circles
The Georgia Southern University Golf Course is located at
1031 Golf Club Road
Statesboro, GA 30458
- Take I-16 west toward Macon to exit 127
- Turn right on GA-67N
- Turn left on Josh Deal Road
- Take a slight right onto Harville Road
- Turn left immediately onto Golf Club Road
- Georgia Southern Golf Course will be on the right
- Take I-16 east toward Savannah to exit 116
- Turn left onto US 301N
- Turn right onto Langston Chapel Road
- Turn right onto Old Register Road
- Turn left onto Burkhalter Road
- Continue onto Golf Club Road
- Georgia Southern Golf Course will be on the left
- Take US 25 S toward Waynesboro
- Continue on US 25 S to Statesboro
- Turn right onto Veterans memorial Parkway
- Turn right onto GA 67
- Turn right onto Harville Road
- Turn right onto Golf Club Road
- Georgia Southern Golf Course will be on the right
Last updated: 11/10/2020