The Georgia Southern Golf Course is currently open for play!
With your help in following the guidelines set forth, we are confident we will provide a quality and safe experience. View the guidelines below – we are currently in Phase Two.
This plan is modeled from guidance and directives from the golf industry and adapted where necessary for our golf facility at Georgia Southern.
Face coverings are required in the Clubhouse and Golf Shop in accordance with University System of Georgia (USG) policy.
*Effective July 15, 2020, University System of Georgia (USG) institutions will require all faculty, staff, students, and visitors to wear an appropriate face covering while inside campus facilities/buildings where six feet social distancing may not always be possible. Face covering use will be in addition to and is not a substitute for social distancing.*
Timeline: July 1 – January 30, 2021
- All golfers must make tee times online or by calling the golf shop.
- Tee times will be offered every 12 minutes (maximum of 4 golfers per group).
- All individuals shall use the café entrance for entry into the clubhouse and use the golf shop door for exit only.
- Only one golfer per riding cart will be allowed unless both individuals live in the same household (No walking allowed on Saturday & Sunday before noon).
- Cart availability cannot be guaranteed for tee times after 11:30am.
- Strict social distancing of 6 feet will be expected.
- Gatherings of no more than 50 people are allowed (gathering limits will be adjusted to always comply with state directives and guidelines).
- Comprehensive sanitization procedures will be in place.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to wear a face-covering when in the clubhouse to check-in.
- Please follow guidance for returning your cart at the end of the round and remove any personal trash before departing.
- Restricted golf course set up will be in place (No ball washers, no water coolers and hole pins left in place).
- Personal coolers are not allowed, and possession of alcoholic beverages is a violation of University policy.
- No sit-down food & beverage will be provided at the clubhouse.
- No Programs, Clinics, Lessons, or Events
- Limited Tournaments (no shotgun starts) – contact the golf shop for more information.
HOURS OF OPERATION
7 days a week
Pro Shop Hours: 7:00am – Dusk
Tee Time Availability: 8:00am – 6:00pm*
*Carts must be returned by 8:00pm
Please stay tuned to the following communication channels for updated information related to the Georgia Southern Golf Course.
- Golf Course Website
- Make your tee time online
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Sign up on our website to get our bi-monthly email newsletter
Last updated: 12/18/2020