We are excited to introduce our new Assistant Golf Professional, Gretchen Mulling!
Gretchen will begin on Monday, November 2. Gretchen joins the Georgia Southern Golf Course with nine years of experience in the golf industry. She was most recently the Assistant Professional at The Club at Savannah Quarters. During her three years at Savannah Quarters, Gretchen coordinated all merchandising and tournament operations and doubled participation in Ladies and Couples events.
Prior to her time at Savannah Quarters, Gretchen served with OC Welch Golf properties in the greater Savannah area and the Sandpiper / Caloosa Golf Club cooperative just south of Tampa Bay, Florida.
Gretchen is a respected golf instructor with an energy to share her passion for golf. We cannot wait for Gretchen to get started and look forward to having her on our team. Please join me in welcoming Gretchen to the Eagle Nation!
Director of Golf
- RAC Multiplex – Get some fresh air and take a walk around the walking trails that surround the RAC or kick the soccer ball around on the playing fields! Just remember to stay six feet apart!
- Statesboro Market2Go – Place an online order for fresh produce and homemade goods! Curbside pickups take place on Thursdays at Uncle Shug’s on Main.
- Southern Pottery and Art Studio – Want to get creative during quarantine? Southern Pottery and Art Studio is offering personally curated art-to-go kits for you to pick up curbside and create at home!
- Visit local parks – Visit Statesboro’s Gentilly Trail for a refreshing 2-mile walk or go kayaking at Magnolia Springs State Park just a short drive from Statesboro!
- Support frontline heroes – Do you know how to sew and have access to fabrics and materials? Face masks are crucial for our healthcare providers right now and Statesboro’s local hospital and healthcare facilities are accepting mask donations. Don’t have the ability to whip together masks? Make a sign of support for your yard or porch to show your support of our frontline heroes!
Visit griceconnect.com for a full list of business’ limited operations in Statesboro!
*While participating in any activity, please adhere to CDC recommendations, social distancing, and shelter-in-place laws.
As the semester was abruptly interrupted, we’re sad that we aren’t able to welcome your smiling faces into the RAC until further notice. Our mission statement is “to inspire self-discovery through sport, fitness, wellness, and adventure” and we aim to help you do just that even during these trying times. We’ve rounded up a robust list of workout apps and websites for you to utilize while the RAC is closed so that you can continue to make your physical and mental wellness a priority!
- 202 Strong – Free – Strength and circuit training using household items to add weight to your workout!
- 24 Hour Fitness – Free – This 24GO app offers live classes and videos of Zumba, yoga, HIIT, etc. and has lots of different categories for the workout YOU want!
- Barry’s Bootcamp – Free – Live on Instagram, these strength and cardio interval workouts usually require no equipment!
- Blogilates – Free – With hundreds of videos to choose from, you’ll find a fun workout! You can filter videos by what you want to target that day and your preferred level!
- Camp Gladiator – Free – Their new #HustleFromHome series guides you through an outdoor workout for you to enjoy the Spring weather while you sweat!
- Core Power Yoga – Free – Updated each week, you can enjoy a strengthening or meditative yoga class.
- ClassPass – 2 Month Free Trial – Includes hundreds of cardio, strength, and mind/body workouts!
- Daily Burn – 60 Day Free Trial – Choose a targeted workout or select a plan to follow to make and meet new goals in this comprehensive app!
- Down Dog – 1 Month Free Trial – Follow a different yoga flow every time you open the app so you’re never bored!
- FitOn – Free – This app lets you set goals and gives you a personalized workout plan!
- Gymshark – Free – Focused on strength, this app offers different workout plans and allows you to make your own!
- Honest Soul Yoga – Free – Join one of the many instructors on Zoom or Facebook Live for a rejuvenating yoga session.
- Nike Training Club – Free – Nike’s app allows you to choose what equipment you use, what you want to target, the type of workout, and how long you want to sweat!
- Orange Theory – Free – Orange Theory has uploaded a new workout each day for you to follow along! They mix up targeted areas so that you’re well-rounded by the end of the week!
- Peloton – 90 Day Free Trial – The nation’s biggest fitness trend is available to YOU! This 90 day free trial gives you access to thousands of different workouts whether it be running, strength, cycling, meditating, yoga, or cardio — they’ve got it ALL!
- Planet Fitness – Free – Fun 30 minute workouts uploaded each day with a few celebrity guests!
- POPSUGAR Fitness – Free – This YouTube channel has tons of workouts for you to follow and find something that you’ll love!
- Pure Barre – Free – Check in on Facebook for one of their live classes each day!
- YMCA – Free – The YMCA is offering a bunch of different workouts on this new website – yoga, barre, weightlifting, or bootcamp at your fingertips!
- Yoga Works – Free – YouTube live streamed classes of a variety of different types of yoga! With over 50 classes streamed a day, you’ll find something to fit your schedule and give you a good exercise!
March is National Athletic Training Month and CRI is lucky to have an in-house Injury Prevention and Care program with certified athletic trainers that can assist students in their physical wellness.
Our Injury Prevention and Care Coordinator, Jenna Morogiello, is extremely passionate about serving students and educating others on the importance of athletic trainers within campus recreation.
Jenna has been successful in implementing a concussion policy within recreation and intramural sports at Georgia Southern and recently published an article documenting the importance of such. Check out her article below and help us celebrate our athletic trainers! Happy National Athletic Training Month!
Check out some of our client testimonials:
This past weekend, the Shooting Sports Education Center was given the opportunity to host the Southern Conference Rifle Championship for the second year in a row. This was Georgia Southern’s Women’s Rifle Team’s last competition of the season. 6 university teams competed this weekend with Georgia Southern’s Ashley Judson being named the SoCon Air Rifle Athlete of the Year due to her having the highest season average. This is the third straight year that a member of Georgia Southern’s Women Rifle Team has earned the SoCon Air Rifle Athlete of the Year title (Rosemary Kramer was given the title in both 2018 and 2019). The team’s coach, Sandra Worman, was named co-coach of the year for a second time as well. Congratulations to these 2 women of Georgia Southern’s Air Rifle Team for being recognized and to The University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Rifle Team for taking home the championship!