Iron Eagle Challenge
The mystery challenges require both mental and physicals skills. Every year we had new challenges and bring back some old favorites from previous years. Whether you are looking for some intense competition or just a chance to have fun with a good friend, this race has something for everyone.
Many former competitors have compared the event to the popular television show The Amazing Race.
The Iron Eagle Challenge is approximately 5 mile in length, starting and ending at GSU’s Recreation Activity Center (RAC), with the majority of the mileage taking place on the bike.
- A bike suitable for on/off road cycling
- A cycling helmet
- Tight spandex (not required, but more fun)
Don’t have a bike or helmet? Southern Adventures is renting their mountain bikes and helmets to anyone racing at no charge. Stop by the Southern Adventures Center located in the Recreation Activity Center (RAC) ASAP to reserve a bike/helmet. There is a very limited quantity of bikes/helmets available so act now!
The awards ceremony and raffle will be held shortly after the last racers are off the course at the RAC Amphitheater. Check our sponsors to see what companies have donated prizes for the winners and raffle.
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age on the day of the race
- Race numbers must be visibly worn by each participant for the entire race
- Prior to the start of the race each team will be given a passport which must be kept for the duration of the race.
No or incomplete passport = disqualification = bummer
- All competitors are required to follow the prescribed course and stay within the marked boundaries at all times or time penalties and disqualifications will be issued
- During the cycling portion of the race, ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR A CYCLING HELMET, WITH CHIN STRAP FASTENED AT ALL TIMES! A violation of this rule will result in an immediate disqualification of the team
- This is a team race. Team members must stay within 50 feet of their race partner at all times
- All traffic regulations must be obeyed. There are places on the course where traffic will not be stopped
- Unsportsmanlike conduct towards other competition, volunteers, spectators, or race officials will not be tolerated and will result in immediate disqualification
- No equipment will be left on the course. Littering is grounds for immediate disqualification
- Registration ends promptly at 9am the day of the race. All competitors must attend the pre-race meeting at 9:15am at the RAC pavilion on race day
REGISTRATION IS OPEN TO ALL INDIVIDUALS OVER THE AGE 16
Cost: $15 for Students, $20 for Faculty, Staff, and Community Members
Registration can occur up to the day of the event.
No cash will be accepted on day of race, only cards. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Each individual team member must register separately.
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Race volunteers can do a variety of tasks such as:
- Working the pre-race check-in
- Directing racers through the course
- Helping facilitate Mystery Event challenges
- Food set up
- Finish line crew
If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Cody Morgan at email@example.com or visit us at the Southern Adventures Center in the back of the RAC!
September 19 – Registration Opens
October 20 – Race Day!
8:30am – Registration / Information Desk Opens
9am – Registration Closes
9:15 – 9:45am – Pre-Race Meeting
10am – Race Begins!
Sponsors of this year’s event will be displayed soon!
Last updated: 9/12/2018
- Statesboro Campus
- Recreation on Statesboro Campus
- Club Sports
- Informal Recreation
- Intramural Sports
- Shooting Sports Education
- Southern Adventures
- University Wellness
- Armstrong Campus
- Member Services
- Membership Information
- Recreation Facilities
- CRI Employment
- About CRI