Archery Center Rules
Help us keep this center safe. Please abide by the rules and report to the center professionals anyone you see not obeying the rules. After all, it’s your safety we are concerned about!
- Know and obey all range commands.
- Keep your arrow in your quiver until you are told to shoot.
- Always wear your arm guard and finger tab.
- Only use the arrows the instructor gave you. Remember what they look like.
- Always keep your arrows pointed down or towards the target. Shoot only at your target.
- No Sky Drawing
- No Floor Drawing
- If you drop an arrow, leave it on the ground until you are told to get your arrows.
- Always walk in the archery range.
- Proper shoes are required in all areas, sandals and open toed shoes are not permitted.
- All children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Two Blasts – “Archers to the shooting line.”
One Blast – “Begin shooting.”
Three Blasts – “Walk forward and get your arrows.”
Five or More Blasts – “STOP SHOOTING immediately and put your arrows in your quiver.”
- Stand behind the waiting line until you hear 2 whistles or “Archers to the shooting line.” Pick up your bow and straddle the shooting line.
- Keep your arrows in your quiver until you hear 1 whistle or “Begin shooting.”
- After you have shot all your arrows, step back from the shooting line, set your bow on the rack, and wait behind the waiting line.
- After everyone is done shooting and behind the waiting line, the instructor will blow the whistle 3 times. “Walk forward to get your arrows….Stop at the target line.”
- One archer at a time, from each target, may go forward from the target line to pull their arrows.
- Stand to the side of the target and make sure that no one is standing behind your arrows.
- Pull your arrows out one at a time and put them in your quiver.
- After you have pulled all of your arrows, return to the waiting line.
Last updated: 4/20/2018