Archery Center Rules
Help us keep this center safe. Please abide by the rules and report to the center professionals anyone you see not obeying the rules. After all, it’s your safety we are concerned about!
- Know and obey all range commands.
- Keep your arrow in your quiver until you are told to shoot.
- Always keep your arrows pointed down or towards the target. Shoot only at your target.
- No Sky Drawing
- No Floor Drawing
- If you drop an arrow, leave it on the ground until you are told to get your arrows.
- Always walk in the archery range.
- All children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Coaching in the Archery Center is limited to SSEC staff and approved coaches. The SSEC does not permit any non-approved personal coaching. The Assistant Director of Archery provides approval for any archery coaching request at the SSEC.
- SSEC Archery Members, who are shooting are allowed downrange.
- SSEC archery members who are not shooting, must remain behind the waiting line.
- Non SSEC Members must remain behind the spectator line at all times.
- Parents who are SSEC Archery Members, wishing to work with your children while they are shooting are to do so without interfering with any other archers in the archery center. If there is a complaint from another archer, parents will be asked to stop what they are doing or to leave.
- All SSEC Archery Members participating in the Archery Center must wear closed toed shoes.
If you are in an Archery Class, the following rules also apply to you:
- Always wear your arm guard and use your finger tab, if applicable.
- Only use the arrows the instructor gave you. Remember what they look like.
Two Blasts – “Archers to the shooting line.”
One Blast – “Begin shooting.”
Three Blasts – “Walk forward and get your arrows.”
Five or More Blasts – “STOP SHOOTING immediately and put your arrows in your quiver.”
- Stand behind the waiting line until you hear 2 whistles or “Archers to the shooting line.” Pick up your bow and straddle the shooting line.
- Keep your arrows in your quiver until you hear 1 whistle or “Begin shooting.”
- After you have shot all your arrows, step back from the shooting line, set your bow on the rack, and wait behind the waiting line.
- After everyone is done shooting and behind the waiting line, the instructor will blow the whistle 3 times. “Walk forward to get your arrows….Stop at the target line.”
- One archer at a time, from each target, may go forward from the target line to pull their arrows.
- Stand to the side of the target and make sure that no one is standing behind your arrows.
- Pull your arrows out one at a time and put them in your quiver, if you do not have a quiver carefully place them on top of the target stand.
- After you have pulled all of your arrows they should be in your quiver. If you do not have a quiver, carry your arrows with two hands, one on the points and one on the shaft closest to the fletchings.
Last updated: 1/15/2019