USA Archery Level 3 NTS Coach
November 11 – 13, 2020;
March 26 – 28, 2021
Friday 5 – 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9 am – 6 pm
October 23, 2020 for November class
March 5, 2021 for March class
Minimum 4 registrations required for class to be held.
$300, lunch will be providedRegister Online!
- Minimum age is 19
- Must hold a current Level 2 Instructor certification for a period of one year OR
- Pass the Level 3 Test-in Exam* AND
- Verify 3 years of documented archery instructor/coaching experience
The Level 3-NTS Coach Certification Course moves away from a group instruction and focuses on individual athlete development. Students in the Level 3-NTS Coach Certification Course will be introduced to coaching philosophy, event preparation, mental skills, training cycles and plans, equipment tuning and receive advanced instruction on the National Training System (NTS) for Recurve and Compound.
- Membership to USA Archery*, the National Field Archery Association (NFAA) or Archery Shooters Association (ASA)
- USA Archery Background Screening
- SafeSport Training
- Must successfully complete the Mental Management 101 Course (Effective January 1, 2016)
- Qualified to instruct Level 1 Instructor Certification Courses.
- Eligible to apply for Level 2 Instructor Trainer Certification.
- Qualified to be the lead Instructor for an Explore Archery Program, JOAD Program, Adult Archery Program and/or Collegiate Archery Program Club**.
- Eligible for USA Archery insurance coverage. See USA Archery Insurance page for requirements**.
*Instructors or coaches may also test-in to the Level 3-NTS course if they are not a Level 2 USA Archery Instructor if in addition to the prerequisites, at least one of the following must be met:
- competed in the Olympics, Paralympics or World Championships
- trained in the USA Archery Resident Athlete Program or
- current Level 3 or Level 4 Coach
**USA Archery membership required; NFAA and/or ASA membership will not satisfy the membership requirement.
Archery Instructors and Coaches are the foundation of USA Archery’s programs, camps and the athlete development pipeline. Obtaining a certification not only provides you with valuable knowledge and hands-on skills, but also boosts the marketing value of your program. USA Archery, the National Field Archery Association and the Archery Shooters Association jointly recognize all certification levels. For more information on how to do it, click here.
Last updated: 7/6/2020