Turkey Hunting Clinic
Tuesday and Thursday, February 27 and 29, 2024
*Registration deadline – February 23*
6:00 – 8:00pm
7 years old and up
Please register by February 23, 2024 at the SSEC or by phone during business hours. Payment required at registration.
Our Turkey Hunting Clinic will provide participants with the skills and knowledge of turkey hunting to help successfully and humanely harvest a wild turkey. This curriculum will promote a lifelong skill by encouraging participants to engage in an outdoor activity, relative to conservation and hunting. Participants will develop an appreciation for both game management practices and wildlife.
With turkey season fast approaching, participants will learn:
- How to identify a turkey by their unique sights and sounds, as well as being able to mimic the sights and sounds to help be successful in their hunt.
- The history, natural habits, routines and tendencies that these birds follow which will only increase their changes for a successful hunt.
- How to properly dress a game bird for eating as well as learning how to get more involved with turkey hunting and the outdoors in general.
This class will be split into a classroom portion as well as a hands on portion outside where participants will apply the knowledge they learned while shooting at a 3D targets with a bow.
- Learn about the history and culture associated with Turkey Hunting.
- Understanding the preparation, patience and responsibility of becoming a successful Turkey Hunter.
- Learn the history and sounds of a wild turkey.
- Do you have what it takes to sound like a wild turkey?
Harvesting a Game Bird
- Identify your game and become an ethical hunter in the field.
- Identify and practice proper shot placements with a bow versus with a gun.
- Shoot at 3D Turkey Targets from a ground blind with a bow.
Processing a Game Bird
- Demonstrate how to properly dress and process a game bird in the field or at home.
Get Outside & Get Involved
- Find out more about local Hunting & Shooting opportunities in your area.
- Registration Fee Policy: fee must be paid at time of registration.
- Refund Policy: must cancel 1 week prior to program start date to receive refund.
- Age control policy: Ages 7 and up may participate.
- Must sign up and pay registration fee to participate in this program. On-site day of registration will be on a first come/first serve basis based on availability.
Last updated: 2/15/2024