SSEC COVID-19 Guest Information
With your help in following the guidelines set forth, we are confident we will provide a quality and safe experience. View the guidelines below.
This plan is modeled from guidance and directives from the shooting sports industry, the University System of Georgia (USG) and the Georgia Department of Public Health and adapted where necessary for our facility at Georgia Southern.
Facility access will not be restricted. The SSEC front doors will be designated Entry/Exit. Stanchions, signage and floor stickers will be utilized to assist you with traffic flow and appropriate social distancing.
What to Do Before you Come:
- If you’re not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, shortness of breath or fever please stay home.
- Grab your Eagle ID Card or photo ID and any other equipment you might want for your visit.
- Face coverings are required in accordance with University System of Georgia (USG) policy. The University System of Georgia (USG) institutions require all faculty, staff, students, and visitors to wear an appropriate face covering while inside campus facilities/buildings where six feet social distancing may not always be possible. Face covering use will be in addition to and is not a substitute for social distancing.
What to Expect When Arriving:
- Spaces are modified to meet state and local social distancing measures. Please note various signage, floor markings and respect these new measures.
- SSEC staff will be around often to sanitize various high touch areas. The firearms stalls will be cleaned between use and ask for your patience during this process. A clean/dirty indication system will be used on all equipment that will be strictly enforced to ensure safety.
- Patrons are now required to provide their own hearing protection when utilizing the firearms range. Disposable foam earplugs are available for $0.50 a pair.
- The handwashing station or hand sanitizer will be provided for you to use while in the SSEC and we encourage you to wash your hands frequently.
- Due to the shortage of ammunition nationwide, ammunition purchases will be limited to 100 rounds per day for current members except for .22 LR ammunition.
The following equipment will be available for checkout and sanitized after each use:
- Eye Protection
- Firearm Rental
- Bow & Arrow Rental
- Finger tabs
- Finger slings
What Amenities are Not Available:
- Ear protection
- Stretch bands
Patrons are encouraged to bring their own hearing protection. Disposable foam earplugs will be available for $0.50 a pair.
Patrons will be provided a lane based on a first-come-first-serve basis. Availability is based upon 8 total lanes for firearms and 12 targets for archery. Advanced reservations are not available at this time.
Customer Service – Adherence to changes:
Patrons are required to comply with new policies and operations as outlined. Staff will help educate you and we appreciate your cooperation. If you choose not to comply you will be asked to leave the facility.
Please stay tuned to the following communication channels for updated information related to the Georgia Southern Shooting Sports Education Center.
Last updated: 2/10/2021