Attire and Footwear
The RAC reserves the right to determine the acceptability of all exercise attire. CRI staff decisions concerning appropriate clothing will be final. Failure to dress properly will result in denial of use of the RAC and/or participation in CRI programming.
If necessary, a RAC member or guest may be addressed by a staff member if the member’s clothing is offensive to another user, is inappropriate, or if items pose a danger to self or others.
Appropriate attire is required at all times:
- Shoes that mark up hardwood floors have open toes or heels, and turf shoes are not permitted in any activity area within the RAC.
- Shoes, shirts, shorts and/or pants must be worn at all times.
- Clothing with offensive language, designs or pictures is not acceptable.
- Jeans and zippered and/or metal riveted shorts/pants are prohibited due to the risk of ripping equipment upholstery and the risk of injury to self and others.
- Shorts must be long enough to cover the buttocks and groin when participant exercises or moves.
- Appropriate support and undergarments are required at all times.
- Jewelry, which may cause equipment damage or poses a risk of injury, should be removed.
Computer Use Policy
Individuals who use CRI Facility computer clusters assume the responsibility of seeing that these resources are used in the appropriate manner. Misuse of these computers is considered a violation of University policy and regulations, and may also be a violation of law if data of other computer users is disturbed or privacy rights of individuals are violated. See the Georgia Southern University Code of Student Conduct: Section IV for a detailed list of prohibited activities.
Participants utilizing CRI facility and equipment assume the liability of and agree to compensate CRI for any damage other than normal wear and tear while it is being used. See the Georgia Southern University Code of Conduct: Section II for the complete policy regarding prohibited acts and liability.
Non-compliance by a participant to any University or CRI policy is subject to ejection. When an individual is ejected from the facility for any reason, the individual is suspended from any CRI facility and program usage until they have met with the Director or his/her designee.
Food and Beverages
- Food is NOT allowed at any time in any activity area
(exception: food may be allowed for special events if prior approval/arrangements are granted by the Facility Coordinator). Food should be kept in the Lobby or on tile floors, including smoothies.
- Water, in a sealable container or sports bottle is the only beverage allowed in all activity areas.
- Glass containers are prohibited at all times.
- All containers are subject to substance check at any time by CRI staff.
Indecent Behavior Policy
Inappropriate displays of public affections are prohibited in the facility as well as around M.C. Anderson Park. RAC employees ultimately have the discretion regarding acceptable behavior. Failure to comply with this RAC Policy will result in an immediate daily ejection. Blatant disregard for policy will result in an indefinite suspension.
Towels will be available for the participants of the RAC. We ask that each member take one towel per visit and return the towel in the designated towel return areas. The towels are located on the Cardio Deck and Machine Weight Room of the Fitness Center and are intended for use in the Fitness Center & Group Fitness Classes. Towels are not allowed for use in the pool area of the Aquatics Center, but are permitted in the sauna.
Last updated: 2/2/2016