The Campus Recreation & Intramurals Fitness Center includes both cardio and strength equipment for the overall fitness experience. There are over 89 pieces of cardio equipment, over 40 resistance machines, and over 10 functional training equipment pieces to utilize. In addition, patrons have the option to track workouts and progress, watch television, and play their own music on most equipment. The Campus Recreational & Intramural Fitness Center houses an entire floor dedicated for strength and resistance training. The strength line includes plate loaded and selectorized equipment, as well as free weights and a double Olympic lifting platform.
The Conditioning Room is a shared space that houses Health & Kinesiology classes, as well as CRI special programs. This room includes six full squat racks, six Olympic lifting platforms, as well as a variety of plate loaded, selectorized and free weight equipment.
Conditioning Room Hours
|Monday & Tuesday||4 – 8pm|
|Wednesday||5 – 8pm|
|Thursday||5 – 7pm|
- All Fitness Center participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Proper athletic attire is required in the Fitness Center.
- Footwear: Footwear must be in the form of running shoes, tennis shoes, or other athletic footwear that provides a barrier around the foot with shoe laces.
- Shorts: Athletic shorts are highly recommended. Cargo shorts, jeans, belts, or pants that contain zippers, rivots, or buttons that could potentially harm the equipment are not permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Shirts: Athletic shirts are highly recommended. Shirts must cover the full torso at all times.
- Sweat suits or any other material that inhibits the exchange of body heat or promotes water loss will not be allowed.
- Training masks worn to increase exercise intensity through restricted breathing are not permitted.
- Sports bottles or “twist-on” cap bottles are the only permissible beverage containers allowed.
- Food, gum, and tobacco are not permitted in the Fitness Center.
- All personal items must be stored in the provided cubicles or lockers. Employees are not permitted to hold items for patrons. CRI is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Non-CRI Personal Training is not permitted in this facility.
- Lunging, dynamic stretching, or any movement that is not in the forward motion is not permitted at any time on treadmills.
- Barbell clips are mandatory when necessary.
- Do not throw dumbbells or weights.
- No spotting on or around the Olympic platforms. All Olympic lifts must be performed on the platform.
- Fitness equipment may not be used outside of its designated area.
- Outside equipment is not permitted in this facility.
Fitness Center Etiquette
- Patrons are encouraged to clean equipment after use.
- Use of offensive language is not permitted.
- Patrons are asked to return equipment and weights to their proper location after use.
- Please report any injuries or equipment problems to the Fitness Staff.
Last updated: 7/19/2017