A fitness assessment is a great way to determine your fitness level, track progress, set goals, and even evaluate your risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Let us help you get started on becoming more physically fit! All Fitness Assessments will be conducted in the RAC Wellness Center.
For more information, please contact Krystopher Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assessment Lab Appointments
- Baseline Values: resting heart rate, blood pressure, height and weight
- Body Composition: 3-site skinfold, bioelectrical impedance analysis, waist-to-hip ratio
- Cardiovascular Fitness: 3-minute step test
- Muscular Fitness: push-up test, half sit-up test
- Flexibility: reach over shoulder test, modified sit and reach test
- Refrain from ingesting food, alcohol, caffeine or using tobacco products within 3 hours of testing.
- Participants should be rested for the assessment, avoiding significant exertion or exercise on the day of the assessment.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep (6-8 hours) the night before testing.
- Clothing should permit freedom of movement and include walking or running shoes. Shorts are preferred in order to perform accurate skinfold measurements. T-shirts and sleeveless shirts are both acceptable.
- Assessments take approximately 30 minutes.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to fill out necessary paperwork.
- Failure to arrive at the scheduled time results in a forfeiture of your appointment.
Please come to the Wellness Center on the 2nd floor of the RAC.
Last updated: 8/15/2017